Re: -fno-inline-functions vs glibc's initfini

On Jan 31, 2012, Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's probably confusing you is the "Don't pay attention to the
> @code{inline} keyword" sentence.

What really set me down the wrong patch were the comments in
gcc/common.opt, that got me the idea it had something to do with C99
inline.

; Nonzero means that functions declared `inline' will be treated
; as `static'.  Prevents generation of zillions of copies of unused
; static inline functions; instead, `inlines' are written out
; only when actually used.  Used in conjunction with -g.  Also
; does the right thing with #pragma interface.
finline
Common Report Var(flag_no_inline,0) Init(0)
Pay attention to the \"inline\" keyword

> I suppose we should clarify the documentation and I will prepare a patch.

Thanks.  Would you please take care of adjusting the comments in
common.opt accordingly?  TIA,

> The implementation is exactly right

Phew! :-)