Re: transactional-memory branch has been merged into trunk

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> wrote:
> The TM branch has been merged into trunk. ÂNo regressions or problems when
> testing on x86-64 Linux.
>
> Thanks to Torvald and Richard for all their hard work this past week (and
> prior!). ÂAnd thanks to all the branch reviewers.
>
> If anyone needs me, I'll be enjoying my time in Honolulu, so don't bother!

And this breaks x86 builds with semi-older binutils.  Binutils without
AVX support gives the following error message while build libtm:
/usr/bin/as: unrecognized option `-msse2avx'

I think someone needs to update the requirements part of install.texi
or better yet not require such a new binutils.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski