Re: AIX library issues

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Arnaud Charlet <charlet@adacore.com> wrote:
>> > FWIW, we've recently made this choice/switch for GNAT at AdaCore, which
>> > allows us in particular to use dwarf-2/3 debug info.
>>
>> Is AdaCore maintaining GNU Binutils on AIX?
>
> We're "maintaining" it sufficiently for our needs, yes.
>
>> I do not believe that
>> Binutils implements some toolchain changes to AIX 6.1 and AIX 7.1.
>
> That's quite possible. Currently we support AIX 5.2 and 5.3, so haven't
> encountered AIX 6.x or 7.x specific issues.
>
> Do you know if these toolchain changes are significant?

AIX now supports DWARF debugging with XCOFF object files.  XCOFF also
has a new XCOFF_DEP_EXEMPT flag to override the default stack
execution disabled.  There are a lot of little changes for new AIX
features.

The bigger problem is GDB no longer is able to debug cc1plus on the
trunk and GCC now builds as C++ by default.

Thanks, David