Re: libgcc sparc-rtems config on gcc head

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@adacore.com> writes:

>> The same solution seems to apply here: just rename the files to
>> crt[in].S and use the generic rules.  They don't seem Solaris-specific
>> either.
>
> The renaming for SPARC is OK if it is done for i386 as well, but this doesn't
> really seem to be necessary, see below.

That's what my patch does.  It would be good if Joel could test on
i386-rtems before comitting (as I will on Solaris/SPARC and x86, of
course).

>> The rules are generic and have been integrated into libgcc/Makefile.in,
>> but only used unless CUSTOM_CRTIN is set in a target fragment.
>
> s/unless/if/ I presume?  config/t-sol2 has the rules though so config/t-rtems

No, if a t-* fragment sets CUSTOM_CRTIN, it's expected to provide its
own crt[in].o rules, just like the existing CUSTOM_CRTSTUFF does.  If
crt[in].o is not included in extra_parts, the generic rules are
unused/harmless.

> could just copy them, at least for now.

True, but that's the sort of copy-and-paste programming I'd like to
reduce with this series of patches.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University