Re: Merging gdc (GNU D Compiler) into gcc

On 4 October 2011 17:50, Joseph S. Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've have received news from Walter Bright that the license of the D
>> frontend has been assigned to the FSF. As the current maintainer of
>> GDC, I would like to get this moved forward, starting with getting the
>> ball rolling. What would need to be done? And what are the processes
>> required? (ie: passing the project through to technical review.)
>
> Thanks for working on this. ?I think Ian covered the main technical
> points.
>
> Was Digital Mars the only copyright holder? ?I see the assignment for
>
> GCC ? ? Digital Mars ? ?2011-10-3
> Assigns Past and Future Changes to the GNU D Compiler
>
> in copyright.list - if any parts (at least any GCC-specific parts in the
> front end as opposed to runtime libraries) have other copyright holders,
> they will also need to have assignments (and any significant changes to
> GCC outside the front end will similarly need to be covered by
> assignments).

The original copyrights for the GDC D front-end for GCC are in the
name of David Friedman, who has been MIA since 2007.  Since the
project has been revived, all changes and additions have been
copyrighted in my name, Michael's, and Vincenzo's.  Would I require
approval of these people to assign ownership over to FSF?

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';