Re: RFC: Improving support for known testsuite failures

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 08:20, Richard Guenther
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cache the comparison result? ÂIf you specify a (minimum) revision
> required for testing just test against a cached revision that fulfils
> the requirement. ÂSomething I never implemented for ours.

Nope.  Build must be functionally independent from other state.  If
the manifest of known failures lives together with the source code,
that's acceptable.  Depending on previous builds is not.  This also
helps individual developers doing builds and packagers doing spins off
of the main source branches.

Diego.