Re: [patches] Re: Cross compiler build instructions - PowerPC

Anthony Foiani <tkil@scrye.com> writes:
> Is there any particular reason that you're not taking advantage of the
> many person-years of effort that have been put into tools that do
> exactly this?

It's been pointed out to me that Khem very much knows of crosstool and
its ilk, being a committer of some standing.

I apologize for not looking back upthread enough to get a full sense
of what was being discussed.  Sorry for the noise.

I would still suggest that tools like ct-ng are still valuable even
from a "learning" point of view: it provides a good view into
prerequisite and target-side libraries, and (when run) logs the series
of operations required to build a useful toolchain.

Thanks,
Tony.