Re: A visualization of GCC's passes, as a subway map

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> > Shouldn't it then be PROP_*gimple*  instead of PROP_*trees*?;)
>
> Heh, you have a point!

I think until and unless we have verifiers for the properties, and
automatic (re)setting them for at least the common ones, it's all just
wasted work.  They don't provide any useful info whatsoever.  The only
useful ones are: PROP_cfg, PROP_rtl, PROP_trees (for adjusting what is
dumped, arguably possible to check differently) and PROP_ssa (for
remove_unused_locals).  The rest is just snake oil.

Ciao,
Michael.