Re: Original commit history for gfortran

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 06:22:21PM +0700, Christopher Bergstr?m wrote:
> 2011/6/18 Toon Moene <toon@moene.org>:

> >> Ok I pulled the gcc-g95 and g95 projects
> >>
> >> gcc-g95 starts with this..
> >>
> >> revision 1.1.1.1
> >> date: 2003/01/06 21:04:20; author: paul_brook; state: Exp; lines: +0 -0
> >> Initial import of all files into CVS.
> >> -----
> >>
> >> So I think I still have the same question - Import from where? (I think
> >> I'm looking for the exact point which it was forked from sourceforge g95
> >> repo)
> >
> > Well, that question is very simple to answer - the point at which Andy
> > Vaught turned the g95 repository in a read-only one for the other
> > contributors.
> >
> > That was the whole reason to create a new repository.
>
> *cough*....
>
> I feel the pain in that reply and it's not what I'm trying to stir up
> here.  I'll see if we can directly match something against the 2
> trees.

Good luck with that endeavor.  After the gfortran fork,
a certain individual would routinely obfusicate the code
in one of the repositories via gratuitious code motion,
varaible renaming, and whitespace munging.  This was an
attempt to neutered diff.  This same individual did not
include a ChangeLog along with the code, which again made
it difficult to understand what and why code was changed.
Finally, note I use the word repository here rather loosely
because one repository became hidden and only snapshot
tarballs were released.

--
steve