Re: Generate annotations for a binary translator

> >   At the end of the link belows,
> >   http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Maintaining-the-CFG.html#Maintaining-the-CFG
> >
> >   It says,
> >
> > "Note that at present, the representation of control flow in the tree
> > representation is discarded before expanding to RTL. Long term the CFG
> > should be maintained and "expanded" to the RTL representation along
> > with the function tree itself."
> >
> >   Does this mean in the end of GCC compilation, the CFG information is
> > lost? Thanks!
>
> That documentation is out of date.  The CFG is now retained through most
> of the RTL passes.

  The comment on function gimple_expand_cfg in gcc/cfgexpand.c prove the
document is wrong, right?

  "We do conversion per basic block and preserve/update the tree CFG.
   This implies we have to do some magic as the CFG can simultaneously
   consist of basic blocks containing RTL and GIMPLE trees."

  Is there a way for me to correct the document? Thanks!

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (ééä)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,