Re: GCC on GPU - graphite OpenCL (was: WHOPR Linux distribution)

On 05/30/2011 12:10 PM, Robert Beeporbop wrote:
I have some questions for the gcc developers:
Also, I had a couple other general development questions:

~ Has anyone been working on GPU support, automatically-utilized or otherwise?

I have not used it - nor have I seen much documentation, but the Graphite branch of GCC supports shovelling loops to the GPU via OpenCL.

I have to admit I have not seen much documentation for it, just the talk at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/summit2010?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=belevantsev.pdf

Thus, I cannot comment on how to use it nor how well it performs. Others might know better.

Tobias