Re: 'The GNU Compiler for the JavaTM Programming Language' translation

On 5 May 2011 09:38, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/05/11 17:12, GM wrote:
>
>> I'm willing to translate publication located at http://gcc.gnu.org/java/
>> to the Belorussian language (my mother tongue). What I'm asking for is
>> your written permission, so you don't mind after I'll post the
>> translation to my blog. The translation is intended only for web, no
>> print copies planned.
>> Visitors of your website, who come from Minsk (Belorussia) will be the
>> ones, who will read this blogpost, that's the only way to spread them,
>> no additional instruments we can use. Every translation we ever do does
>> not costs a penny for the webpage, which is translated. All we ask is to
>> link back in whatever way you feel confident about it.
>
> We're looking at the legal issues with respect to translation and
> copyright. ?We'll get back to you.
>
> Andrew.

Where exactly is this blog that would contain the translation?
Searching the web does reveal some pages translated by this person (or
others using the same phone number sending the same email to lots of
mailing lists) but not on a single blog or website, instead hosted in
various generic web hosting places, webhostinghub dot com,
webhostinggeeks dot com, webhostingrating dot com.

If I was in the business of creating link farms I would create dozens
of pages on different domains and get prominent websites such as open
source projects to provide links to them, then once I had those pages
in place I'd switch the content for whatever product I wanted to sell.
 But maybe I'm just too suspicious and being unfair.