Re: Question about Temporary Outputs

"Iyer, Balaji V" <balaji.v.iyer@intel.com> writes:

>                I see in GCC that when we use the flag "-f-tree-optimized" it will dump the contents of the input file after doing all the tree-based optimization. Is it possible for me to modify this file and then submit it back into gcc for processing to create an executable/assembly dump?

Not directly, no.

There is some ongoing work on the GIMPLE frontend which would permit
this to occur.  http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GimpleFrontEnd .  I don't know
if the project has any specific schedule.

(Note that due to licensing requirements you would not in general be
permitted to modify the file using proprietary code and then distribute
the resulting program.)

Ian