Re: [MELT] issue with the garbage collector

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:56:32 +0100
<piervit@pvittet.com> wrote:
> I guess I have found a bug about related to the garbage collector in
> MELT:
> I am using the version 170521.

I added Pierre's failed case to
gcc/testsuite/melt/tgissue-pv-{1m.melt,1c.c,1run.sh} and I added some
tweeks in MELT gcc/melt-runtime.c which apparently correct the issue.
Honestly, I am not entirely sure to understand what the bug was (it is
related to garbage collection of finalized MELT special values, such as
boxed FILE-s or boxed PPL data) and if I corrected it, but at least
Pierre's test seems to pass.

The better GCC MELT branch is svn revision 171181.

I discussed (with Pierre) the issues on gcc-melt-french@googlegroups. I
tried to summarize each french message in a short english abstract. See
the thread on
http://groups.google.com/group/gcc-melt-french/browse_thread/thread/47088e96002e98af

Regards.
*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***