Re: fsf paperwork?

Jack,

Yes, I've had problems with considerable slowness on my end.   The
problem is, I believe, that it's part time and it's a volunteer job,
so don't be too hard on him.   He's doing the best he can.

On the other hand, though, the process itself does form a considerable
blocker to getting things done when major contributors need to wait
weeks or months get permission to submit something.   The entire
copyright process seems very lengthy and tedious, to be honest.
Insurance of freedom via this process comes at a heavy price and that
is in the form of developers who would have contributed, but either
have been scared away by the process or have gotten frustrated with it
because it has taken too long.

Just my $0.02.  Honestly, I would rather have the assurance that the
software is free and clear, and I would like the process to move more
quickly.  Perhaps the FSF might want to look into getting him some
much needed (and overdue) help.

Later, GC

--
Gregory Casamento - GNUstep Lead/Principal Consultant, OLC, Inc.
(240)274-9630 (Cell)