This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: testsuite question
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Christian Grössler <chris at groessler dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:01:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: testsuite question
- References: <4D603BF1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Christian Grössler
> I'm running the testsuite with a compiler for a private target.
> I get many failures because of shift counts out of range (too big or
> Examples of failed tests:
> The failures come from the assembler which complains about the out of range
> shift counts.
> Should I disable them or is there any reason unknown to me that these tests
> make sense?
You need to make sure that the tests only invoke undefined behavior
at runtime, thus emit valid assembly from your target description.