Re: Target deprecations for 4.6

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Nathan Froyd wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 01:11:10AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Here is a concrete list I propose for deprecation in 4.6; please send
> > any other suggestions...
>
> score-* doesn't have a maintainer and score-elf couldn't build libgcc
> last I checked (it was also mentioned in your previous message).
>
> crx-*?  crx-elf can't built libgcc, and hasn't been able to for a while.

Since the main deprecation patches are now in, feel free to send further
patches (to config.gcc and the release notes).

I can't quite figure out what the score people are up to, but it doesn't
appear to involve a simultaneously maintained set of upstream components
that are usable together in their current upstream forms; they got Linux
kernel support upstream in 2009 (and don't seem to have maintained it much
since then), some time after they got GCC support upstream (and then
stopped maintaining it).

There may also be subtargets or target-specific features worth considering
for deprecation (e.g. ARM -mwords-little-endian was mentioned in a
previous cleanup discussion).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com