Re: Building Secondary Languages After Newlib is Installed

On 01/28/2011 09:17 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Andreas Schwab<schwab@redhat.com> writes:

Ralf Corsepius<ralf.corsepius@rtems.org> writes:

- Remove newlib from the source tree
--without-newlib should probably be enough.
But that seems strange to me as some of the configure scripts test for
--with-newlib and adjust their configury accordingly.  This would put
them in a position where they actually are using newlib but are told
that they are not.  It might well be that they will do feature tests and
come up with the right result, but I am frankly skeptical that this will
happen with libstdc++-v3 at least, as it does do specific target tests.

libstdc++-v3/configure.ac around line 230:

  # First, test for "known" system libraries.  We may be using newlib even
  # on a hosted environment.
  if test "x${with_newlib}" = "xyes"; then
    os_include_dir="os/newlib"
    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_HYPOT)

That's where I hacked to say with or using newlib.

As best I can tell, that's the only place.

Ian

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985