Re: Dumb idea for accelerating FOSS development

On 12 January 2011 14:07, Bill Cox wrote:

> Well, after a short nap, the thought of fixing this in gcc seems even
> dumber to me, though the problem is quite real. ?Another tool called
> before gcc could get the header and library files into a place where
> they could be used. ?It could even be compiler independent.

  gcc myprog.c $(magic-lib-installer $publicrepo)

where magic-lib-installer takes care of any fetching, building and
installing of the lib in $tmp, then printing the necessary
-I$tmp/include, -L$tmp/lib and -lblah options for use by gcc.

However it  works, it shouldn't need changes to gcc.