Re: Problem updating 2yr old port

On 28.12.10 00:22, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Christian GrÃssler<chris@groessler.org> writes:

Looking at the history of optabs.c, the MODE_CC test was introduced when merging the cond-optab branch
to main. I didn't find a description of the cond-optab branch and what it was supposed to do.

This is the description of the now-merged cond-optab branch, from http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-04/msg00211.html :

     This branch is to clean up and simplify the implementation of
     conditional operations (branches, stores, moves, etc.) in expand and
     in the machine descriptions.  Patches should be marked with the tag
     [cond-optab] in the subject line.  The branch is maintained by Paolo
     Bonzini.  Pending further testing, the branch is ready to be merged
     into mainline and only bug and documentation fixes should be
     committed.

As I recall the basic idea was to generate all conditional branches via
the cbranchMODE4 pattern rather than using separate compare and branch
patterns.

Yeah, so I seem to need to add a cbranchMODE4 pattern. I tried it, but it didn't help. Probably because I'm not fit enough yet to write a proper pattern (I copied one from ia64 and modified it to see if it gets picked up, but it didn't happen).

I couldn't figure out which assertion you hit so I'm not sure what else
to say.  A const_int is always VOIDmode, and there should be no problem
comparing a value to a const_int.

Sorry, the line numbers in the ICE are wrong, since I added some debug messages. The abort happens here in prepare_cmp_insn():

      /* Handle a libcall just for the mode we are using.  */
      libfunc = optab_libfunc (cmp_optab, mode);
      gcc_assert (libfunc);    <------ HERE

regards, chris