Re: default system path questions

On 23 December 2010 22:17, Edward Peschko wrote:
> All,
>
> I found much to my dismay today that -I doesn't always work as
> intuited. Namely, if I set CFLAGS to:
>
> -I/path/to/gcc/include
> where the default system path is:
>
> /path/to/gcc/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/include
> /usr/local/include
> /path/to/gcc/include
> /usr/include
>
> the expected behavior would be to have the libraries searched before

Your email doesn't seem appropriate for this mailing list, it should
probably be sent to the gcc-help list, or submitted to bugzilla.

You've apparently read the documentation, because you refer to the
text about not wanting to defeat the system headers, so you're
probably aware that there may be a good reason for the current
behaviour.  Please send and further questions to the gcc-help mailing
list.