A possible super feature to add to gcc

 Back in the 1970's when we ran fortran on an IBM machine we had this
 really powerful command called CALL FDUMP that if inserted into a
 program would send the names and values of every variable, at the time
 of its call, to a printer or file. In my opinion this was much more
 useful at times than a symbolic debugger, in scientific number crunching
 applications.

  If gcc does not have a similar function call I feel there would be
 people using gcc in the scientific community that very well might
 appreciate CALL FDUMP being resurrected.