Re: define_split

On 11/09/2010 05:38 PM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
A define_insn will be recognized in all contexts.
Having an insn pattern for an insn that does not actually exist can cause
all kinds of unintended consequences as the optimizers try to generate
and recognize 'optimized' patterns, or when reload does its stuff.

Before reload that is not a problem at all, I think, actually it can be an advantage. At reload or after, the only problem I see is if someone is sloppy with constraints.

Paolo