Re: mach pass

On 11/05/10 09:01, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Abdul Wahid Memon<engrwahidmemon@gmail.com> writes:

Can anyone please give me a two line description about mach pass in
GCC or any source reference for that.
I don't know what you mean by "mach pass".
I'd hazard a guess Abdul is referring to the machine dependent reorg pass, which has the .mach debugging dump file.

The machine dependent reorg pass is a late optimization pass (runs just prior to delay slot filling) that is entirely machine dependent. It is generally frowned upon to implement optimizations in the machine dependent reorganization pass, though several ports now implement such optimizations, including:

alpha, arm, avr, bfin, frv, h8300, x86, ia64, m68hc11, mcore, mep, mips, mmix, pa, pico, s390, sh, spu, xstormy16, v850.

jeff