Re: PATCH RFA: Do not build java by default

Jeff> Building libjava (at least for me) is primarily painful due to 2 files
Jeff> (the names escape me) and the rather poor coarse level parallelism
Jeff> (can't build the 32bit and 64bit multilibs in parallel for example).

Jeff> Has anyone looked at fixing the build machinery for libjava to make it
Jeff> more sensible?

Nope.  AFAIK it is already as parallelized as possible, but it has been
a while since I looked at it.

I thought the really bad file (HTML_401F.java, IIRC) had some functions
split up so that it wasn't so evil any more.

The multilib thing sounds like a top-level problem of some kind.
At least, I don't recall that libjava does anything special here.

Tom