Preprocessor (cpp) separate binary

Hi

I am working on a tool for building all the possible variants of C
code form the unpreprocessed file in order to perform an analysis on
those files proving some sort of correctness. The idea is to make sure
that any combination of preprocessor flags would produce a correct (in
terms of some tool) C code.

The first attempt was to build a grammar for unpreprocessed C code and
then do all the rest. This project is here: http://cpplint.bsd.lv/ It
is not finished and it have some design issues. It is a very
complicated task to build a nice grammar for unpreprocessed C. It is
very non-deterministic and you need to have quite some complicated
tool to handle this.

That is why now I want to use a gcc code-base for solving the same
task. And the main problem for me at the moment is to build a cpp
binary which would be able to handle options for preprocessor but
which would not pull so many code from middleend and backend. In other
words I want to have a separate binary for cpp.

Anyone who is interested in the project or can help me with the
separate binary issues pleas contact me.

Thank you,
Artem Shinkarov.