Re: Questions about selective scheduler and PowerPC

On 10/20/2010 7:48 PM, Jie Zhang wrote:
Running CPU2006, with the hack removed I see about a 1% improvement in
specint (10% in 456.hmmer, a couple others in the 3% range, -3%
401.bzip2) and a 1% degradation in specfp (mainly due to a 13%
degradation in 435.gromacs). But 454.calculix also fails for me (output
miscompare), so assume we're generating incorrect code for some reason
with the hack removed.

Thanks for benchmarking! Since there is a bug in max_issue, issue_rate is not really honored. Could you try this patch

with and without the hack?

With your patch applied I see pretty similar results as before, except for a couple additional specint benchmarks that degraded a couple percent with the hack removed.

-Pat