Re: GCC and out-of-range constant array indexes?

On 10/08/10 18:38:29, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> I am not an expert on these optimizations, but why would you want that?

I routinely compile/build with "-O0 -g3" because the code is easier to debug.  I
also admit that I compile/build with "-O0" because it is faster than
"-O2" or "-O3" for example, and during development I am more interested
in faster turn-around time on builds than faster execution time.

Also, when I compile/build projects, I try to use the maximum level of warnings
and checking that the source code base will support.  I am willing to trade
off some support/build time in favor of more thorough warnings.

- Gary