Re: How to get attribute of callee

Phung Nguyen schrieb:
> Dear Georg,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have a problem after I follow your way. When I compile newlib with
> the modified (in the way you did in blackfin) way, I got the error
> message:
> In function "fopencookie":newlib/libc/stdio/fopencookie.c: 261: error,
> insn does not satisfy its constraints:
> (set (reg:HI 5 r5) (reg:HI 19 virtual-outgoing-args) 5 {*movhi_large}
> (nil) (nil))
>
> internal compiler error: in reload_cse_simplify_operands, at postreload.c:391

Please open new questions in the gcc resp. gcc-help mailing lists for new issues.

Please write to the gcc's lists. Other guy might learn from the lists, there is
no reason for private communication.

> Did you get the similar problem? Or do you have any idea???

The problem arises from your movhi-insn implementation. Obviously, you try to
split several cases of move by means of predicates/conditions. Don't do that.
You will have to handle every alternative in the constraints, anyway, so this
leads mainly to duplications of insns (and much of trouble until you got there,
especially by register allocator freaking in corner cases).

Supply ONE move insn per mode an fix architecture's oddities and
non-orthogonalities in its constraints.

> Best regards,
> Phung

Georg