Re: gengtype indentation issues

Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> writes:

> On 09/23/2010 08:49 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Diego Novillo<dnovillo@google.com>  writes:
>>
>>> I'd suggest sending one initial patch fixing indentation issues and
>>> then sending your functional changes on top of the first patch.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Basile, I'm sorry you have to struggle with some poor existing
>> indentation in gengtype.c, but the GNU style indentation is not all that
>> hard.  It is documented here:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Formatting.html
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html
>
> I think that this is all good but it can be done as a single patch
> after Basile's work has been committed.  We usually try hard to get
> indentation right, but given the history of gengtype it would make
> sense to give him an exception on this.

Sure, I'm OK with that too as long as the new code is correctly
indented.  And in fact I don't think Basile needs to be responsible for
fixing the indentation errors, ever.  I just think that all new and
modified code should be correct.

BTW, I took a look at gengtype.c and it mostly looks fine.  I only saw a
couple of indentation errors.

Ian