Re: plugin hooks for plugin-provided builtins?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:01:34 +0200
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> > But is the overall idea enough, or did I misunderstood builtins?
>
> Builtins use a fixed code (in DECL_FUNCTION_CODE) and have
> a class (BUILT_IN_MD, BUILT_IN_NORMAL, etc.).  Thus without
> making the code assigning dynamic this won't work.
>
> > Could such a small patch be accepted before end of stage 1?
>
> No.  We don't want new plugin hooks without an implemented use-case.

What exactly is an implemented use-case? Is it just a test code? Or is
it an entire big 20KLOC plugin demonstrating the usefulness of the hook?

If it is a big plugin requiring a whole year of development effort, how
can that be developped without the hook?

Cheers.

*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***