Re: Error in GCC documentation page

Joern Rennecke wrote:
Quoting Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com>:

But as noted the C++ standard prefers integral type, so might as well
standardize on that when talking about C or C++.

I think it also helps clarity to speak of integral types. I.e. in the C family of languages, 'char' is an integral type, but you may not use the 'int' keyword for a 'char' declaration.

that's actually a good *technical* argument for systematically using integral instead of integer. If we have a glossary somewhere, we could even have an entry for integral type that pointed out that this includes char.