Re: Can GCC emit debug information to support debug uninitialized local variables

On 2010-6-20 14:18, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
asmwarrior<asmwarrior@gmail.com> writes:

My question is: Is there any possible that GCC can emit some debug
information to indicate that one variable is initialed or not.(at
least in the DEBUG build mode)
You didn't mention which version of gcc you are testing.  With current
gcc see if the -fvar-tracking option helps.

Ian
Hi, Ian. I have solved this problem by hacking the GDB source code.
You can see my report here:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12747.msg86443.html#msg86443

Now, only the variables been initialized will be shown in the "info locals" command.

I will publish the related GDB code to GDB maillist.

Thanks

Asmwarrior ollydbg from codeblocks' forum