Re: No output files on 4.6/Cygwin

On 09/06/2010 17:31, Piotr Wyderski wrote:

>> Are you sure you're picking up the newest version of cyggcc_s-1.dll
>> (and all the other language runtimes) that got built with the compiler,
>> rather than the standard system one(s)?
>
> How can I check that?

  Well, verifying your path is correct should be sufficient.

>> You did a full "make install" and put the new $prefix/bin (if not
>> using the standard prefix) at the head of your PATH?
>
> Yes: export PATH=/opt/gcc-trunk/bin/:$PATH

  That should be fine then.

>> Wasn't it last time because you didn't have "--disable-sjlj-exceptions" in
>> your configure command and so you ended up with sjlj-based DLLs that didn't
>> play nicely with the Cygwin distro's DW2-based ones?
>
> Yes, then it was the case. But doesn't my
>
>     --enable-dwarf2-exceptions
>
> already imply --disable-sjlj-exceptions? It works with gcc-4.5.

  It does?  I've never been aware of any such option; as far as I know, you
have to disable sjlj exceptions, and there's no configure option to positively
enable dw2 ones.

> I've just updated my repo and will schedule a nightly build
> of trunk with configure settings taken from the bundled gcc4
> compiler from Cygwin pack in order to see what will happen.

  That's the simplest way to guarantee compatibility.

    cheers,
      DaveK