Re: Patch pinging

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> writes:

This makes sense. Thinking out loud myself, even for irregular
contributors, the idea of a ping-man doesn't really sound right, it's a
boring and error-prone task. Can anybody think of a way to automate the
job? For patches corresponding to Bugzilla entries we already have, more
or less, a complete procedure in place, I wonder if we could do
something for the other contributions...

I am 100% in favor of automating the job, but there is little point in discussing how we can automate the job unless somebody is prepared to volunteer to actually do the work. We do have a volunteer willing to be a ping-man.

Would anybody care to volunteer to implement something?

Ian

Would a modestly modified copy of Bugzilla be workable for that something? I.E. Patchzilla?

AllParadox
Ben White