Re: Vector indexing patch

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Richard Guenther wrote:

> The mark_addressable_vector change was at least semi-ugly.  I think
> it is reasonable to require a constant index for register qualified vectors.

What does the Cell document describing the extension being implemented by
the original patch say here?  Is this implementing the extension more
accurately, or deliberately deviating from it?  Either may be OK - if
properly justified.

> Artem is one of our Goole Summer of Code students btw., and I
> requested these changes.

Details of the request?  Again, I'd like (once the copyright assignment is
complete) to understand what changed from the previous patch and why.
This patch submission does not make things easy to review; exact URLs for
the previous rounds of discussion are helpful when dealing with a patch
that has undergone multiple past reviews long ago.  (The opposite error is
only giving URLs without a self-contained explanation of what the
resubmission is about; this submission avoids that particular problem,
although the Cell document would still seem to be relevant in
understanding the rationale for the patch.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com