Re: Using C++ in GCC is OK

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> I have written a proposed set of C++ coding conventions on the wiki at
>> ? ? http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CppConventions
>>
>> This is only a preliminary proposal. ?It requires fleshing out and
>> discussion.
>
> Thank you for volunteering to do this. ?How would you like to receive
> comments? ?Directly on the Wiki page, or by email?

Overall the wiki document looks good.  I'd like to disallow

* Operators may only be overloaded for types which implement numeric
values, where the overloaded operators implement the usual numeric
semantics.

though.  I'd also like to avoid destructors where possible as we want
as many core data types to be POD.

Btw - can we intially just link with libsup++ omitting libstdc++ so
that we do not get the expected flood of convert-to-STL patches?
Or is the idea of an STL free gcc bad?

Thanks,
Richard.