Re: trampolines handling, important copyright question

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 02:10 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> > Perhaps the question becomes: whom should I ask permission to add an
> > exception to MELT code's license to permit it to generate a *texi
> > documentation, or alternatively to relicense all existing melt*texi
> > files under GPL (so MELT documentation becomes GPL and there are no more
> > GFDL vs GPL conflict).
>
> If it's about code in the GCC Subversion repository, best ask the
> GCC Steering Committee (via one of its members) and they can raise
> it with the FSF, I'd say.

I suppose that the set of SC members who read this list is non-empty.
But otherwise, to whom should I send an email?

> In this concrete case, there is already a conversation we are having
> with RMS on a very similar topic, so please hold out a bit.

I am understanding the "we" as "the GCC Steering Committee". Could I
infer that I already asked the SC?

Thanks for the information! I wrongly misunderstood that the decision
has already been made (or at least that it was already decided to
postpone the decision to an hypothetical GPLv4 or whatever)

Still, I am waiting for a[nother] reply from licensing@ and will do
whatever they want, hoping that they wont ask me to remove all :doc
annotation.

Cheers.

PS. The point is that from my far point of sight/view, understanding who
is the "GCC Steering Comittee" [other that the few people speaking as SC
at GCC Summit] and who is the "FSF" is very unclear. I really don't
understand at all how all this human network works. Besides, I perceive
that most of these people work non-publicly (which BTW is the expected
way of working these political issues; the French April works likewise).
But please understand that I don't understand at all these things.