Re: trampolines handling, important copyright question

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 15:45 +0200, Marc Espie wrote:

> However, if I submit it, per-the-rules, against gcc-current, for it to be
> integrated, I need to waive my rights (I have a (c) assignment already on
> record at the FSF, so a priori, I don't need more paperwork).
>
> If I recall correctly, it means I transfer all possible rights to the FSF.
> I no longer own my patch.
>
> Then it gets released as part of gcc-current, under the GPLv3.
>
> If I get things correctly *I can no longer release it under GPLv2+*, as we
> do for our mutant fork of gcc 4.2.1.

I am not sure of that. Read your legal papers carefully. From what I
understood (but I am not a lawyer), your *own* contribution also belongs
to you. So in my (non-lawyer & naive & perhaps wrong) perception, you
are allowed to incorporate your patch both to the trunk & to your
gcc-4.2 branch. But I am not sure. I hope other GCC people will confirm
my naive perception. See also the long
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-05/msg00532.html list thread.

Perhaps licensing@fsf.org is a better place to ask.FWIW, I send to them
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-05/msg00674.html a few hours ago.
Perhaps some people (in France) at http://april.org or
http://www.fsfe.org/ would give some advice.

Cheers.

PS. If you happen to reply to me privately, please write in French.