Re: GFDL/GPL issues

   > Therefore, if I don't have an update "soon" (within a week or two), I'd
   > suggest that we operate under the assumption that it will not be
   > possible to combine GFDL manuals and GPL code in the near future.

I think it should be possible, Emacs does something similar I think.

   However, could you (or some other well informed person) elaborate on
   that incompatibility. What exactly is incompatible? Is it some paragraph
   of GPLv3 versus another paragraph of GFDL1.2 - which ones? Or why is it
   incompatible?

The GFDL contains terms that do not exist in the GPL, which is why it
is not compatible

It should be noted that Debian considers the GFDL a non-free
/software/ license; which it is, but then the GFDL is not a software
license to begin with.  The term `non-free license' is very ambiguous.