Re: GFDL/GPL issues

On 05/27/2010 10:02 AM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
Quoting Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org>:

On 05/26/2010 09:25 AM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
What we can't do under this scheme is retroactively re-use code
as documentation or vice versa; we'd need the appropriate license
grant from the FSF for each bit of code/documentation that we want
to re-use in that manner.

Does it help that large parts of the internals manual were copied into config/*/*.h files pre-GFDL? Certainly it would reduce the number of people that will have to be contacted to relicense under the GPL their contribution to the internals manual.

If the manual was distributed pre-GFDL, doesn't that mean that previous version is available under the GPL in the first place?

Yes, that's right. But then that would also help. :-)

Paolo