Re: GFDL/GPL issues

On 05/26/2010 09:25 AM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
What we can't do under this scheme is retroactively re-use code
as documentation or vice versa; we'd need the appropriate license
grant from the FSF for each bit of code/documentation that we want
to re-use in that manner.

Does it help that large parts of the internals manual were copied into config/*/*.h files pre-GFDL? Certainly it would reduce the number of people that will have to be contacted to relicense under the GPL their contribution to the internals manual.

Paolo