Re: GFDL/GPL issues

> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:44:32 -0700
> From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>

> In a biweekly call with the other GCC Release Managers, I was asked
> today on the status of the SC/FSF discussions re. GFDL/GPL issues.  In
> particular, the question of whether or not we can use "literate
> programming" techniques to extract documentation from code and take bits
> of what is currently in GCC manuals and put that into comments in code
> and so forth and so on.

FWIW, there's some hope, as licensing@gnu.org recommended
solving the similar issue regarding doxygenerated documentation
for a (to-be-released) non-FSF LGPLv3 w/GFDL docs library, by
dual-licensing the comments and mentioning the dual-licensing in
the licensing info.  Right, preaching is not the same as
practicing, but still.

brgds, H-P