Re: Deprecating ARM FPA support (was: ARM Neon Tests Failing on non-Neon Target)

> What's different is that there is a well-maintained arm-eabi port.  The
> arm-elf port and all its legacy just gets in the way.
>
> The vax back-end only affects VAX; likewise for the PDP11 port.

I think that's a critical distinction.  I can't see removing a port
just because it's not used much (or at all) because it might be
valuable for historical reason or to show examples for how to do things.
If the maintenance burden of keeping that port is just doing some mechanical
changes a couple of times a year when the backend API changes, that
port should be kept even if there are ZERO known users.

But if it's interfering with the maintenance of an active port with
which it shares code, then I think it's retention has to meet a higher
standard of usefulness.