Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

   > That is more or less what a potentional contributor gets via
   > email when submitting a patch.  I don't see how a web form would
   > make things different.

   True, but I think it would make a significant difference if the web
   form could be filled out online without requiring a piece of paper,
   a pen, and a stamp.

There are two forms to be filled out, the `request' and then the
`assignment'.  I'm guessing you are refering to the assignment here,
since that is the paper form--I was refering to the request form.  I'd
love to see that, and all GNU project maintainers would be happy about
it, but that is a topic for the FSF, its lawyers and Richard.