Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

> Yep - but that's my point. "Full extent" without any number listed is
> effectively unlimited liability.

But what does that have to do with the FSF, GCC, or an assignment agreement?

You have EXACTLY THE SAME unlimited liability if you contribute to GCC,
LLVM, Linux, ECLIPSE, or any other project and whether you sign an
assignment or not.

> I couldn't see somebody suing me (my bank account hovers pretty low
> most of the time). Companies are not going to sue nobodies such as
> myself because there is no money in it. So, in practice, is there a
> difference or not?

No, because then the FSF wouldn't sue you EITHER!  There's NO
DIFFERENCE in theory or in practice as to your liability whether there's
an assignment or not and whether it's GCC or some other project.