Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

On 04/23/2010 08:47 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Basile Starynkevitch<basile@starynkevitch.net> writes:
I also never understood what would happen if I had a brain illness to
the point of submitting illegal patches (I have no idea if such things
could exist; I am supposing today that if I wrote every character of
every patch I am submitting to GCC they cannot be illegal.),
The liability for the action would land on you rather than on the
FSF.  That is what matters for the future of the gcc project.
There is no unlimited liability in the copyright assignment, either in
words or in action.

In the first quote "The liability..." you agree that there is liability. In the second you say no unlimited liability.

So how much liability is required for somebody to accept in order to be allowed to contribute to GCC?

Cheers,
mark