Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

Copying David Daney's response to contrast against it:

GCC is a mature piece of software that works really well and it is in a programming domain which is not as well understood and for people such as myself, I would be intimidated from the start, to delve in and expect any contributions I make to be valuable enough to bother the existing machine with. :-)

But yes, if I overcame that intimidation, I'm sure David Daney's comments would describe the *next* barrier to overcome...

Cheers,
mark