Re: dragonegg in FSF gcc?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 08:47:54AM +0200, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> On 12 April 2010 00:38, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/04/2010 22:42, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> >
> >> [ ... ] lack of test results in some platforms does not mean
> >> that GCC developers are uninterested on supporting those platforms and
> >> much less that they are against supporting those platforms. The GCC
> >> community haven't forbidden anyone from contributing to support any
> >> platform in GCC.
> >
> > ?I don't know who you're talking to, but it sure isn't to me or about
> > anything remotely like anything I said. ?Put your straw man away.
>
> I am just trying to negate what a casual reader might conclude from
> Jack's original comment about gnulinux mono-culture and your analysis.
> I understand that you (and perhaps even Jack) do not actually mean to
> say that but the above sentiment is out there, specially among
> bsd/darwin users, so let's try not to reinforce it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Manuel.

Manuel,
   What I meant to say was that the reality of the situation is
that 90%+ of the code (by line) is probably created by paid
employees and the way things have shaken out has placed the bulk
of those on linux. So FSF gcc will have to go out of its way to
try to limit the monoculture tendencies that this will naturally
cause. The llvm project has this issue probably less for linux
than for other surviving platforms (like Solaris, etc).
            Jack