Re: State of the mercurial mirror

In data giovedì 01 aprile 2010 16:29:12, Rainer Orth ha scritto:
> works just fine.  From my experience, hg is vastly superior to git,
> which is simply a usability nightmare, as Dan Berlin discovered when he
> worked on setting up the hg mirror.

I completely agree, but my point was not to start a war git vs mercurial :-)

> > Also, i would volunteer to fix this, and even to maintain the mirror. Is this the right place to ask ? I don't even know if that's something that would be well accepted. Any interest for this ?
>
> It would certainly be good to keep this working and promote it,
> especially if this could be a complete conversion of the svn repo, not
> trunk only.

I could try to do this. I've converted several repositories, and created mirrors for several projects too. Most of them private/closed source (i'm working as a consultant). I did the migration svn->mercurial for the project eigen, and it was not possible (or very very hard) to do the same for git at this time, because eigen was part of the very big KDE svn repository. ref:
http://www.freehackers.org/thomas/2009/05/18/feedback-about-converting-eigen2-to-mercurial/

(btw, eigen is also the source of several template-related bug reports for g++, :-)

Thomas
--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@freehackers.org>
http://www.freehackers.org/thomas